What to do, what to do? You want to find some sort of unusual gifts because the special holiday of your choice (i.e. birthday, anniversary, Father's Day, Mother's Day, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc.) is coming up, but you have no real idea what to get the other person (or: persons!) as a present.
If you have next to no idea what you can get the other person for their upcoming special day you join the ranks of millions of other women and men who are just like you; slightly clueless when it comes to buying presents.
One mistake that many people make when trying to come up with gift ideas for men or gift ideas for women is that they fail to think outside the box, and they either end up looking for inane last minute gift ideas or getting the same old gifts year after year.
If you are as sick of giving people around you the same gifts as they are sick of receiving them, never fear. Short of dreaming up and crafting your own homemade gift ideas you should know that there are hundreds, nay thousands, of unusual gifts that you can give your friends and loved ones!
These original gifts are bound to be a success, as they are completely out of the ordinary and most likely something that they would never have thought of buying for themselves.
Okay, so some of these unusual presents are highly unnecessary or even totally silly, but at least they are unusual - unique, even. So, rather than racking your brain for something to get, check out the list of special gifts below - there's something for almost every occasion.
- If your man is one of those types that spends a lot of time sitting down when working (or watching the tele), you can bet that his lower back is probably going to be in a lot of pain or very tired at the end of the day.
So getting him a Portable Back Massager Cushion is one of the best ways to tell him, "I love you, so why don't you take time to relax and enjoy this wonderful massage?"
Not bad, hey!
- Men that work at home may love their executive office chair, but you may find that his old chair is breaking and needs to be replaced.
To help him get fit, why not consider as one of this year's unusual gift the Exercise Ball Chair.
This ball chair that will help him to sit up straight, develop core strength, improve his balance, and have a fun chair that he can even play around with as he works!
- Everyone has seen Shake Weights on TV, and they seem to be incredibly comical to those who think that the weights mimic a certain action performed by single men on a regular basis (there is no way I can make this euphemism any clearer - if you're still in doubt just watch the video below and it will all become clear to you).
However, you may find that these weights are a great gift for him, as the unusual gifts are perfect to help him work out easily no matter where he is.
- Rather than sending him a chocolate gift basket on his special day, why not consider sending him a Fitness Gift Basket? The basket comes with a jump rope, calorie counter, small weights, a pilates ball, power snacks, and a few other fitness surprises. You will find that he may enjoy the present a lot more than a basket of chocolates and goodies.
- Does he love fishing? The Portable Fishing Rod basically disassembles and fits in a small box, which can easily be slipped into his bag or carried around.
This will give him the chance to do some fishing during his lunch break, and he won't have to spend hours lugging around all his tackle box and fishing gear.
- Husbands that love to work out on the go will find that a Portable Chin-up Bar will make it easy to work out no matter where they are. The bar simply sets up in any doorway, and it makes working out that much easier.
Visit the Gift Ideas for Men [LINK upcoming] page to get more ideas ...
While these presents may not be the main thing that you want to give him on his birthday, you may find that they are the perfect way to make him crack a smile on his special day:
- If your husband has been working out, you may find that the Animal Scale will be the perfect unusual present for him.
With different animals representing the different weights (pig being the highest weight), you may find that he will love to laugh at his progress.
- Many men love a bit of bacon in the morning, and he may find that bacon flavored gifts for him can be a lot of fun.
Bacon Air Freshener can smell up his garage with the delightful scent, Bacon Toothpaste can make brushing his teeth that much tastier, and his money can go in a Bacon Wallet. How's that for unusual gift?
- If your significant other is tired of the same boring flowery shower curtains that you have had for years, you may want to consider some form of Crazy Shower Curtains, such as the Bloodbath shower curtain or the Duck Silhouette curtain.
- Every man loves to keep his hands on the remote, but they are always misplacing it. Rather than letting him lose the remote, why not consider buying him the Giant Remote Control that will ensure he never loses it again.
- Since the books and movies about Harry Potter were released, most everyone has secretly wished to be a wizard. Now, with the Magic Wand Remote, your significant other can control all of the electronics in your house and appear to have amazing powers that defy belief.
Visit the Birthday Gifts for Him [LINK upcoming] page to get more ideas ...
- If he, like any man, is sick of his beers going flat, why not consider getting him Beer Savers? Not only will they keep his beer fresh, but you can find funny ones with cute messages printed on them.
- Rainy season may come, but Dad can be prepared for them (and any mugging) with his Broadsword Umbrella. While it may look (and serve) just like a broadsword, it is quite practical in keeping the rain off his head.
- Rather than letting Dad be bored in the bathroom, get some Crazy Toilet Paper Rolls to entertain him.
The Sudoku toilet paper will challenge his mind, while the Crime Scene toilet paper is just a lot of fun.
You may even find that the Puzzle Toilet Paper roll will be a lot of fun and quite challenging the first few tries.
- If Dad likes to swim, consider getting him a set of Fin Gloves that will help him swim much faster. These gloves are like flippers for your hands, and you will find that Dad will love the strangely practical swimwear.
- Dusting your feet off when you come home can be fun, especially if you get some Ironic Doormats or Funny Doormats that proclaim silly messages like "Honey, I'm Home!" or "The Zombie Apocalypse Arrives!"
- Is Dad always complaining about how dirty his iPhone or iPad always is? The Stuffed Animal iPhone Duster will ensure that he can always keep his iDevice clean, but with the belly of a terribly cute little stuffed critter.
Visit the Gifts for Dad [LINK upcoming] page to get more ideas ...
Anniversary Gifts for Men don't always have to be terribly practical, but they can be quite comical as well.
What better way to celebrate your love for many years than by giving him a gift that will make him laugh?
You will find that some of the following gifts are actually quite practical (in a silly way), and they are sure to crack him up:
- Is he always talking about how he needs to improve his golf stance? With the Golfer's Crotch Hook, you can be sure that he'll keep his head up as he swings. With one end wrapped around his head and the other ... well the name is fairly explanatory ... he will be laughing as he remembers to stand correctly. Yep. Unusual gifts strike again!
- If he loves to putter around the garage, you may find that his beer tends to get in the way. Why not get him a Beer Holster that enables him to always carry his beer around without needing to use his hands?
- Funny Drink Holders like the Bikini Drink Holder or the Stuffed Pig Drink Holder can make it a lot more enjoyable for him to set his drink down during the big game, and can be a great way for you to stop nagging him to use a coaster on your beautiful coffee table.
- Many men are just plain old fashioned clumsy, and their beers tend to slip from their hands. That will no longer be the case with the Bottle Grips, special attachments that you can simply slide onto his beer bottles to ensure that he can always easily hold his beer like a cup.
- Every man dreams of being able to control his woman, and you will find that the Control-a-Woman Remote will be a great gag gift that he will love.
It comes with all the buttons that he would want (sex, mute, beer, etc), but make sure he knows that it doesn't actually work.
- If he is getting older, you may find that the Retirement Countdown Monitor is the perfect gift for him. This present is like a Doomsday clock that counts down until the day that he is finally old enough to retire from his job.
- Does he get bored easily? If so, the bathroom is a great place for him to enjoy his favorite hobby with the Bathroom Golf Set. He can practice putting while sitting on the toilet, but you may have to set a time limit for how much time he can actually spend playing around in order to be sure he isn't permanently occupying the bathroom.
Visit the Anniversary Gifts for Men [LINK upcoming] page to get more ideas ...
It is usually hard to come up with great birthday gifts for men, but if he's a car owner getting him something for his car is one of the best ways to get him something that he will love.
Most men love to get new gadgets and toys to use in their vehicle, and some of these unusual presents will actually be very practical:
- The Ear iPhone Case may not fool the cops, but it sure is a great gift that looks hilarious. Shaped like a giant ear, the iPhone case is a great gag gift that will ensure that he never again misplaces his iPhone while driving.
- Every man's worst fear is getting stuck with a flat or car problem in the middle of nowhere after dark, but you can solve that problem by getting him an LED Flashlight Keychain.
The tiny flashlight not only makes it easier for him to work on the car in the dark, but will actually be very practical in helping him not misplace his keys.
- Most men need a few tools to use in their car as well as at home, and the Travel Tools Keychain may be the perfect gift for him. With a number of screwdriver heads to make the travel tool versatile, this keychain is practical and fun.
- If his iPhone is constantly running out of battery (mainly because he forgets to charge it), you will find that the Portable iPhone Charger will make it easier. This battery powered battery charger can simply be plugged into his phone to ensure that it is always charged.
- Most men are sick of placing their phone in the cup holders of the car, and this is where the iPhone Movie Peg will ensure that his iPhone will not fall down thanks to the support of the stand.
Visit the Birthday Gifts for Men [LINK upcoming] page to get more ideas ...
- You will find that every man loved his Pogo Stick as a child, and he has always wanted to own another one.
While you may feel that it is a bit ridiculous for him to bounce around the yard on that thing, it may be his way of blowing off some steam in a way he used to love.
Russian dolls are cute little decorations, but imagine a set of Ninja Russian Dolls that will be a perfect accessory for your husband's drawer. These cuts dolls make a great compromise between your love of fashion and your man's inner child.
- Every man dreams of having a remote control car or helicopter, but imagine how thrilled he will be to connect it to his iDevice. The Appracer and AppFlyer are great toys that are controlled via an app on your husband's iPhone or iPad instead of via remote.
- Stress is a problem that every man faces, but Crazy Stress Balls can be a great way for him to get it out.
You can purchase stress balls made with funny faces, or the Stressberry that is a stress ball shaped like his infernal smart phone that keeps ringing nonstop.
- Hot potato is one of the most popular games of years gone by, but imagine playing the game with a twist. The Shock Ball is a ball that is tossed around until one unfortunate person gets the mild electric shock that signals they lose. Electricity and balls; is there anything more fun?
- If he is a guy who likes to play with bobblehead dolls, imagine how much fun he would have with a Personalized Bobblehead Doll with his own face on it. This is one of those original gifts that are guaranteed to have him chuckling for hours on end as he sees his own giant head wobble and bobble.
Visit the Unique Gifts for Men [LINK upcoming] page to get more ideas ...
- Is he terrible at getting up in the morning? The iPod Alarm Clock is the perfect device to wake him up easily. Simply plug in the iDevice, set the alarm, and let the annoying sounds begin when he actually needs to get up.
- If he likes to listen to music on the go, you may find that he will love the Portable Cylinder Speakers. These media devices are small enough to fit in a shoulder bag or briefcase, and they have many hours of battery life to ensure that he can enjoy music no matter where is throughout the day.
- Men love to pretend that they are scuba diving in their pool, and the Underwater Propeller will be the perfect electronic toy for him. This underwater "engine" will basically shoot him through the water at speeds faster than he can swim, and you will find that he and the kids will love playing with this gift in the pool for hours.
- Every guy loves to feel like they are a spy, and getting him a unique Spy Watch will be one of the best presents you can give him.
- Funny USB Devices have always been a hit with men, such as the humping dog USB drive or the "flip the bird" UBS device.
- If he likes to work while traveling, the Rechargeable Bluetooth Keyboard is the perfect gift for him. Not only can he work on the go, but there is no need to worry about pesky cables getting tangled.
Visit the Christmas Gifts for Men [LINK upcoming] page to get more ideas ...
- The Mini DV Camera is a great gift to enable him to record all of his special post-retirement moments without having to lug around a large camera bag.
- The Brew Master Beer Maker will enable him to make his own beer, and you can rest assured that this is one of the original gifts that will keep on giving.
- Most retirees like to putter around their home and do the occasional repair job, and a Multi-Tool is the perfect gift for him.
- If you want a great gift, consider getting him a Personalized Mug made with some joke about growing old.
Visit the Retirement Gifts for Men [LINK upcoming] page to get more great gift ideas ...
- Candy aficionados will love the Edible Candy G-String as a present (though he will be eating if off you and not vice versa)
- Sexy Games can be the perfect present to remind him exactly why he is with you in the first place.
- Hungry late at night? Why not get some Edible Body Paint to satisfy his hunger and your passions at the same time?
- The Date Party Pack is a great present to hint at him what you would like, as the handcuffs, favor cards, sexy card games, and other "surprises" will inspire him to have some fun.
Visit the Presents for Boyfriends page to get more ideas (these are of the sexy type) ...
- Every guy needs to feel like a man, and there is no better way to do so than by getting him a Man Bowl - a bowl with the word MAN printed in huge letters.
- Kinky Key Holders are for real men who like to have fun with their keys, and you may find that getting him this present will be one of the best things you can do to add some spice to a boring routine.
- Keeping his beer cold is one of the hardest things to do when it comes to Super Bowl Sunday, or at least it would be without a USB Fridge that you can simply hook up to his computer.
- Does he hate his alarm clock and wish that he could shoot it? He literally can with Shoot the Alarm Clock, as the alarm clock comes with a gun that he can use to turn the damn thing off.
- A Giant Rollerball will appeal to the inner child in the large man, as he can roll around for hours inside this giant ball.
- Imagine a watch and a mobile phone in one device, and you have the Bluetooth Mobile Phone Watch. The watch tells time and answers the phone, and the Bluetooth headset provides the receiver and speaker of the phone.
Visit the Presents for Men [LINK upcoming] page to get more ideas ...
- Every man loved having remote control vehicles when they were younger, but always dreamed of having their own Remote Control Airplanes. This is the perfect gift to get him in order to convince him to spend time out of the house doing something with your kids.
- Are summer's incredibly hot in your city, but you just can't afford a swimming pool in your backyard? Why not consider a Swimming Pool SetSet that you can set up in your backyard and take down during the winter time?
- Your husband may love to jog, and you will find that Crazy Water Bottles are the perfect present. You will find Fire Extinguisher bottles, bottles with funny faces, or even water bottles imitating beer bottles.
- Getting him out of the house may be hard, but not if you get him a Bean Bag Chair that he will love to sit in out on the porch.
It may not be the best way to get him active, but at least he can get out into the fresh air and read or surf the web sitting in his favorite chair on the porch.
- For your golfer husband, a few Prank Golf Balls will be the perfect, funny gift. Consider the ball that explodes when you hit it, one that evaporates when it impacts the ground, one that wobbles all around, or one that lets out a giant streamer when flying through the air.
Visit the Unusual Gifts for Men [LINK upcoming] page to get more ideas ...
- No doubt you have heard him complaining about how tiresome it is to buy razors constantly, and the Razor Blade Sharpener is a great Father's Day gift idea. This unusual gift actually enables him to sharpen his razor blades, thus ensuring that he rarely needs to replace them.
- Knowing how much you both enjoy a good glass of wine in the evening, the Electric Corkscrew is a gift that will keep on giving. No longer do you need to worry about comforting him after a lost bout with a stubborn cork, as the electric corkscrew does all the work for you.
- Instead of having to let your wine sit for half an hour or so once it has been opened, the Wine Aerator is a great gift that will cut down your waiting time and speed up the process of getting a glass of wine.
- Seeing as how Dad always ends up forgetting to charge his phone, the Emergency Phone Charger is one of the best unusual gifts you can give him. The charger has enough battery to give his phone a single charge, but he had better remember to charge the charger as well.
- If Dad's desk is always messy, you may want to consider giving him the Desk Vacuum. This handy device enables him to be able to clean up his desk in a matter of minutes, as he can simply turn on the vacuum cleaner and suck up all the garbage that is cluttering his desk.
- The Multi-Tool is the perfect present if Father is one of the many men who love to make DIY Home repairs. Rather than letting him get frustrated because he can't find a screwdriver, the right pair of pliers, or that special tool that he hardly ever uses, you will find that the multi-tool makes it a lot easier for him to get any job done without having to spend hours looking for his tools.
Visit the Fathers Day Gift Ideas [LINK upcoming] page to get more ideas ...
The examples on this page are just a few ideas of the kinds unusual gifts you can give, and there are many more within the pages on this website. For example you might consider checking out the main page for Photo Gifts and other unique customized gifts. There are literally hundreds of excellent gift ideas for unusual gifts on this website.
Good luck with finding the perfect set of unusual gifts!
Presents for Boyfriends - where you'll find lots of kinky ideas for sexy, cool gifts for men.
Back to the top of this page about Unusual Gifts for Men & Women - Last Minute Gift Ideas
Go to the Quotescoop.com Homepage
|site search by freefind|