Weird Facts that will Make you Laugh, Strange But True Facts to Blow your Mind, and Weird but True Facts to Arouse your Interest
It can be surprising how many weird facts of life there are, and these weird but true facts can be entertaining.
Take these strange but true facts:
- In space, astronauts are unable to shed tears when they cry because there is no gravity to pull the tears out.
- More than ten people are killed every year by vending machines (tipovers, possibly because people are messing with them).
- The average person spends three years out of their life sitting on the toilet.
There are hundreds of weird facts that can bring a smile to your face, and you may find that some of these strange but true facts may really creep you out.
Nothing like a fun, creepy chill, right?
There are hundreds, even thousands of weird but true facts, and there are far too many to compile in one place.
However, for your entertainment pleasure, we have compiled a list of all of the weird facts, strange but true facts, and bizarre facts that could be found.
Our list is called: QuoteScoop's Believe it or Not - Weird Facts
The weird but true facts below may seem outlandish, and it is possible that a number of them are just weird facts invented to make you laugh. Still, a number of the strange but true facts below actually are proven, and we hope you enjoy both the fictional weird facts and the weird but true facts presented below.
QuoteScoop's Believe it or Not - Weird Facts
There are hundreds of weird but true facts out there that most people have no idea about.
Who knew that eagles mate while still airborne, that a great of officers is actually referred to as a mess, that pearls melt in vinegar ... and hundreds of other bizarre facts.
While many of these facts are not important facts of life, there are a number of strange but true facts that make for great entertainment.
We have compiled a long list of some of the most bizarre facts about different areas of life, and these weird but true facts are guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
Weird Facts about Animals- QuoteScoop's Believe it or Not
There are many weird facts that revolve around animals, and many of these weird but true facts have been discovered after countless hours of scientific research.
Getting positive proof is great; however, what it proves most of all is that scientists have too much time on their hands. Else, how do they come up with all the following strange but true facts on animals?
- Turtles are able to breathe through their butts.
- By combining force of numbers with organized aggression, ants have become the greatest insect killers on earth - including their own kind.
- Armadillos are able to contract leprosy.
- When the ant is intoxicated, it will always fall over on its right side.
- More people are killed every year by donkeys than by plane crashes.
- During warm weather hippos secrete pink sweat, which helps to not only cool them down but also helps combat infections on their skin.
- It is the female lion that does over 90 percent of the hunting, while the male lion is afraid to risk his life, or simply prefers to rest.
- A crocodile is unable to stick out its tongue.
- The elephant brain weights roughly 6,000 grams. The cat brain weighs about 30 grams. (And despite these weird but true facts, you may find that the average cat is actually more intelligent than the average elephant).
- A dog's naked rear doesn’t leave bacteria when pressed against a carpet.
- The world's smartest pig, owned by a math teacher in Madison, Wisconsin, memorized the multiplication tables up to 12.
- Flies are deaf.
- A cat's jaws cannot move sideways.
- Even a small amount of alcohol placed on a scorpion will make it go crazy and sting itself to death.
- Penguin urine accounts for roughly 3% of the ice in Antarctic glaciers.
Weird Facts from History- QuoteScoop's Believe it or Not
History is populated with people, cultures, and practices that were totally insane. These people are responsible for creating the many weird but true facts that we have today.
Based on history, we know that many people in the old days were crazy, but we can look back from our vantage point in the present and laugh in their faces.
The following weird but true facts come from many periods in history, and the strange but true facts below serve to illustrate that historical man was almost as crazy as humans of today.
- A bad case of laryngitis forced Abraham Lincoln to lip-sync the Gettysburg Address. The speech was actually delivered by an aide hidden beneath the stage.
- The word "testify" comes from men in the Roman court swearing to a statement made by swearing on their testicles.
- The first speeding ticket was given in 1895 in the city of Hampshire. The culprit was fined for clocking the terrific velocity of 6 miles per hour.
- $350,000 was saved every year after an airline company reduced a small piece of olive on every first class passenger's meal in 1987.
- Thomas Edison was afraid of the dark. (hence the name he gave his creation: Lightbulb)
- According to a British law passed in 1845, suicide is a very serious crime for which the punishment was death by hanging.
- Leonardo Da Vinci spent 12 years painting the Mona Lisa's lips.
- Johnny Plessey spent the entire 1981 season batting with a rolled-up and lacquered copy of a newspaper, yet still managed to bat .331 for the Cleveland Spiders.
- King Henry VIII slept with a huge axe.
- An early draft of the Declaration of Independence included a line by Benjamin Franklin inviting King George to "kisse our collective arse".
- During the 1600's, both boys and girls in England wore dresses until they were about seven years old.
- When Hitler's mother conceived him, she considered abortion as a solution until the doctor convinced her to keep the baby. (And look how that turned out!)
Weird Facts about Crazy Men and Women- QuoteScoop's Believe it or Not
When it comes to crazy people being the source of weird but true facts, it doesn't get crazier than men and women.
Hundreds of men and women around the world do crazy things every day, and you would be surprised how many of these bizarre facts are the result of ridiculous things considered normal every day.
The following weird but true facts serve as a clear illustration of just how crazy men and women today tend to be, and the strange but true facts below may actually include one of the habits that you indulge in.
- Twenty-nine percent of women spend more time shopping for shoes than they do looking for a lifelong mate.
- The person who invented the waffle iron actually disliked waffles.
- One of every three snakebite victims is drunk, while one out of every five is tattooed.
- One out of every three male motorists picks their nose while driving.
- 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.
- 40% of all women have thrown their shoes at a man.
- Approximately $25 million is spent every year in Las Vegas on lap dances.
- The average woman uses her height in lipstick every year.
- 35% of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
- Women end up digesting most of the lipstick they apply.
- You share your birthday with at least 9 million other people in the world
Weird Facts about the Countries of the World- QuoteScoop's Believe it or Not
To many people, the unknown is what is the craziest. Foreign countries around the world have hundreds of crazy traditions, customs, and habits, and the following weird but true facts detail some of the crazy things that go on in other countries.
If you read the following bizarre facts about other countries, it may help you to be prepared if you ever visit the countries.
Even if you aren't reading the strange but true facts to prepare you for a visit to a country, you can still enjoy reading some of the weird facts about foreign counties that will make you laugh.
- If a native Hawaiian woman places the flower on her right ear, she is available. (The larger and more brightly colored the flower is, the more desperate she probably is.)
- In Chinese, the KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) slogan "finger licking good" translates to "eat your fingers off".
- According to statistics, Australian women are more likely to have sex on the first date.
- The original meaning of "Samba" in the Brazilian Samba dance is "rubbing bellies together”.
- In Japan, it is totally acceptable to name your child "Prostitute" or "Buttocks".
- Public contests were held in ancient Japan to see who was able to fart the loudest and longest.
- Club Direct, a British travel insurance company, offers insurance on protection from falling coconuts.
- The French language has 17 different words for "surrender".
- Among items left behind at Osama bin Laden's headquarters in Afghanistan were 27 issues of MAD magazine. Al Qaeda members have admitted that bin Laden is reportedly an addicted follower of MAD magazine.
- Over 98% of people in Japan are cremated after they die.
- More redheads are born in Scotland than in any other part of the world.
- Malaysians bathe their babies in beer to protect them from disease.
- Dueling is legal in Paraguay, provided that both duelists are registered blood donors.
- British farmers are required by law to provide their pigs with toys.
- Japanese have cultivated a square shaped melon, simply because it was convenient to store in a refrigerator.
- Arab women can file for divorce if their husband doesn't pour coffee for them.
- The glue on Israeli stamps is certified kosher.
Weird Facts about America- QuoteScoop's Believe it or Not
Many people around the world consider that America is the craziest country in the world, and they are not far wrong.
Thousands of the craziest weird but true facts come from the USA, and the strange but true facts originating in America tend to be nearly as strange as many of the bizarre facts from around the world.
As an American, you may think that your country is not crazy, but the following weird facts should help set the record straight that you, are in fact, a citizen of one of the strangest nations around the world.
Some of the following weird facts illustrate that many Americans could stand to learn a thing or two from some of the other crazy nations around the world, and you, as an American, should enjoy the following strange but true facts about your country.
- Nearly 10% of American households dress their pets in Halloween costumes.
- Nobody born in Kentucky has even been elected to Congress.
- Forty percent of American adults are unable to fill out a bank slip correctly.
- The average American spends a third of their time online playing games and visiting social networks.
- Fortune cookies were actually invented in 1918 by an American, Charles Jung.
- Anyone convicted of animal cruelty in Sedalia, Missouri, is sentenced to a month's confinement in the county animal shelter.
- George W. Bush was head of his high school's cheerleading team. He was also arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol when he was 30 years old, and is the cousin of Playboy's founder Hugh Hefner.
- George Washington grew marijuana in his garden.
- The U.S Government spent $277,000 in 1993 on pickle research.
- The average American drinks about 600 sodas every year, and eats at McDonald's more than 1,800 times in their life in addition to consuming 9 pounds of food additives every year.
- Only 55% of Americans know that the sun is a star.
- About 2/3 of American men prefer to wear boxers over briefs.
- According to American laws, beer commercials are not legally allowed to show anyone actually drinking the beer.
- California has issued driver's licenses to at least 6 people named Jesus Christ.
- Hypnotism is banned by public schools in San Diego.
- If Wal-Mart was classified as a country, it would be the 24th most productive country in the world.
- 1976, a secretary from Los Angeles named Jannene Swift officially married a 50-lb rock in a ceremony witnessed by more than 20 people.
- In Cleveland, Ohio, it is illegal to trap mice without a hunting license.
- In Nebraska, it is illegal for bar owners to sell beer unless they are brewing a kettle of soup at the same time.
- It is against the law to sneeze or burp in a church in Nebraska.
Weird Facts about Common Household Items- QuoteScoop's Believe it or Not
Most people wouldn't think anything about many of the items you find around your house, but you would be surprised about how many common household items are the subject of true but weird facts.
There are many items around you that you wouldn't consider bizarre, but many of the bizarre facts about these items may prove otherwise.
Many strange but true facts about common household items will cause you to laugh every time you see that particular item, and reading the following weird but true facts could be just what you need to add a bit of humor to some of the most boring and utilitarian items around your house.
- Every time you lick the back of a stamp, you absorb roughly one tenth of a calorie.
- Barbie Doll's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
- If you want to sell your home faster, paint it yellow.
- It is very difficult to do, but you can actually start a fire by rubbing two Cool Ranch Doritos together.
- A toothpick is the object choked on most often by Americans.
- Each year, there are more than 40,000 toilet related injuries in the United States alone.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
- A large part, perhaps the majority of the dust in your home consists of your own dead skin.
- Don't try this, but heating up a rock in the microwave will cause the rock to explode.
- Coke was originally colored green.
- Honey is the only thing that will not rot or spoil.
- If you talk on the phone for more than an hour, the amount of germs and assorted debris in your ear will increase by 700 times.
- Lighters were invented before matches.
Where Would You Like to Go Next after These Weird Facts?
Weird and Funny Facts of Life to Make You Wonder, Ponder and Wake You From Your Blunder
Weird But True Facts and Fun Interesting Facts